Re: ODBC fails connection

From: "Raymond O'Donnell" <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: javier garcia <andresjavier(dot)garcia(at)wanadoo(dot)es>, "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC fails connection
Date: 2002-12-17 12:58:45
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On 17 Dec 2002 at 13:26, javier garcia wrote:

> Data Source: PostgreSQL -> Right?

This is the name of the DSN which you set up on the client machine -
make sure it's a "system DSN" rather than a "user DSN".

> Database: Name_of_my_POstgreSQL_database -> Right?

No - the name of the database on the Linux machine.

> Server: IP address of my Linux machine -> Right?

Right.

> Port: Don't know?

5432 is the default Postgres port, unless you've changed it on the
Linux machine for some reason.

> User Name: Does this user need to be created in the
> database and also as a Linux machine users?

No - only in the database.

> Password: The same question

Same answer!

> ODBC: fallo la llamada -> (the call failed)
> Could not connect to the server;
> Could not connect to remote socket (#101)

Make sure that you start Postmaster with the -i option, otherwise it
won't accept TCP/IP connections.

HTH!

--Ray.

Raymond O'Donnell http://www.galwaycathedral.org/recitals
rod(at)iol(dot)ie Galway Cathedral Recitals