Logging Feature

From: mlw <pgsql(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Logging Feature
Date: 2002-12-12 15:20:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Is there a way to get pg logging of plans to be produced in the terse
format like when a user types "explain select * from foo where bar = x"

The plan logging is very verbose. Having a lighter version of the
logging would be helpful in pinpointing troublesome queries without
slogging through pages of explain info.

Am I out to lunch? Is there a way to do this (I haven't found it yet,
and I have tried several permutations of log parameters) If not, does
anyone else see the value?