Re: Current TODO items

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Current TODO items
Date: 2002-12-09 08:57:38
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Gavin Sherry wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Robert Treat wrote:
>>* Document core values / mission statement / code of conduct (justin? bruce?)
>

> I'm happy to put something together.

Started a page for this a while ago, and moved it to the Advocacy site
just a few hours ago:

http://advocacy.postgresql.org/documents/MarketingGuidelines

It's a start.

:)

> Here's some more items
>
> 1) Create advocacy related CVS tree to run press releases, contact
> details, strategy doco, etc. Josh has offered to do this.

Would prefer to use the collaborative structure and avoid CVS if possible.

> 2) Collect list of contacts for press release organiser(s) to get quotes
> from (me)
>
> 3) Collect quotes to put in media kit (me, Lucas)
>
> 4) Collate list of awards (??)

Good idea.

> 5) Determine press contact

Is it worth doing one per continental area? i.e. one for Americas, one
for Europe, one for Australasia?

> 6) Determine who will look after the testimonials I discussed (this will
> involve casing people for testimonials and HTMLing them up, getting them
> live)

We have a Case Study Framework & Waiver that we're using. :)

> 7) List of up and coming postgres related events (ie, places people are
> talking about Postgres). (me)

Good point. Bruce and yourself are definitely doing stuff there.
Michael Meskes does stuff in Germany from memory. Devrim Gunduz has
already done about 28 conferences this year in and around Turkey too.

> 8) URLs on techdocs (?) to papers on Postgres. (??)

Devrim is doing more webmastering stuff now. :)

> 9) Enterprise Solution Center (see my email 'Directions in Advocacy'). Can
> some people *please* stand up for this. I think this is a *great* way to
> show off Postgres.

Can you please put all of this stuff in the new Advocacy collaborative area?

> 10) A mention from people who are interested in the database taxonomy
> project. No need for an organised approach. We should just know that their
> will be Postgres representation. I will be involved.

Good point.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift