Re: [Fwd: Questions on 7.3 version for LinuxWorld]

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Questions on 7.3 version for LinuxWorld]
Date: 2002-12-09 07:08:11
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi Neil,

One of Nadia's points is:

"In the release, Neil Conway comments that the new version contains a
dependency tracking systems "that allows PostgreSQL to safely support
many more subtle enhancements like the ability to drop columns". I'm
unclear on the use of "safely" here - would you be able to elaborate on
this comment further?"

It's that we now have the ability to drop columns properly isn't it?

Perhaps we should just mention that one of the more requested features
for PostgreSQL has been the ability to drop columns using the SQL92
compliant syntax, so that was added this release?

Not sure. Might be stretching things a bit far.

http://advocacy.postgresql.org/documents/NadiaCameron

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi