7.3 pg_relcheck oddness

From: Paul Ramsey <pramsey(at)refractions(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: 7.3 pg_relcheck oddness
Date: 2002-12-05 18:49:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I am poking around at upgrading PostGIS to work with version 7.3. So
far, the changes seem relatively minor. There is one odd quirk though.
Having gotten the PostGIS types and index bindings loaded, and having
loaded a table full of spatial data, trying to do

\d thetable

returns

ERROR: Relation "pg_relcheck" does not exist

And when I check, lo and behold, it does *not* exist! \d still works on
all "normal" tables however. I checked in the 7.2 instance, and
pg_relcheck does exist, but has no entries in it. Simply adding an empty
pg_relcheck to my 7.3 instance using the old 7.2 definitions caused \d
to start working again on my spatial table.

P.

--
__
/