Cannot create view with subquery and join clause

From: Robert Osowiecki <robson(at)cavern(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Cannot create view with subquery and join clause
Date: 2002-12-05 13:28:10
Lists: pgsql-bugs

POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name : Robert Osowiecki
Your email address : robson(at)cavern(dot)pl

System Configuration
---------------------
Architecture: Intel Celeron

Operating System : Linux version 2.4.16

PostgreSQL version : PostgreSQL-7.3

Compiler used : egcs-2.91.66

I cannot create a view with subquery and join clase.

Please describe a way to repeat the problem. Please try to provide a

/** this one works OK */

create view VOrderTest as
select
or_order_nr,

(select sum(sp_qty)
from TOrdSpecif
where sp_or_order_nr=or_order_nr)
as or_order_qty
from TOrder;

/** this one fails with
ERROR: find_expr_references_walker: bogus varno 3
*//

create view VOrderTest1 as
select
or_order_nr,

(select sum(sp_qty)
from TOrdSpecif
where sp_or_order_nr=or_order_nr)
as or_order_qty

from TOrder
join TCategory on (true);

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below:

I've looked at find_expr_references_walker source, but it's all voodoo
to me :-(