Re: Postgres 7.3 announcement on postgresql.org

From: Scott Lamb <slamb(at)slamb(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: webmaster(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres 7.3 announcement on postgresql.org
Date: 2002-11-29 21:19:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> There isn't one!
>
> Chris

No kidding. I propose changes to the following pages:

<http://www14.us.postgresql.org/>: Prominent mention of the latest
stable and unstable releases (just stable now, of course). But since
this seems to be kind of a repeat of the news page, maybe an
announcement also.

<http://www14.us.postgresql.org/news.html>: Announcement of each of the
betas, release candidates, and the final release now.

<http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php>: Mention that 7.3 has been
released, where it says it has entered release candidate phase 2 now.

<http://developer.postgresql.org/beta.php>: page marked as obselete
until the 7.4 cycle begins. (Instead of just broken, as it is now.)

<http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/>: Announcement that it will be
switching over to the 7.3 docs soon and later switching, like was done
with 7.1->7.2 IIRC.

Is the website in CVS somewhere? I might put together a patch if so...

I mentioned this around RC1 time and got no response. Really, I think
that people would have tested it more if they knew about it. And the web
page is the first place I go to find out about a piece of software. The
mailing lists are not enough IMNSHO.

Thanks for a great piece of software...but please tell people about it!

Scott