Re: Redhat 8 default database warning: JDBC problems (CLARIFICATION)

From: Fernando Nasser <fnasser(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: Dennis King <d_r_king(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Redhat 8 default database warning: JDBC problems (CLARIFICATION)
Date: 2002-11-28 06:04:43
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Dennis King wrote:
> Thanks, Fernando. Can you tell me how I set the path correctly?
>
> I only posted this after I sent email to Red Hat support through
> their Red Hat Network pages and didn't hear back.

I am not sure where your mail went.
Just use the rhdb(at)sources(dot)redhat(dot)com for Red Hat Database problems.
This one I know we are subscribed to.

> The "Using Red Hat Database with JDBC" tutorial also makes no mention
> that there could be a conflict with the Sun JRE it instructs you to
> install and assumes you use.

I guess this was written long before gcj started to install a
/usr/bin/java (pointing to gij, I believe), which happened just now in
8.0. You are right, it needs updating. I will get that patched.

Just make sure you have your $JAVA_HOME/bin directory ahead of /usr/bin
so that the 'java' command that you get is the one from the Sun SDK, not
the one installed by gcj.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat Canada Ltd. E-Mail: fnasser(at)redhat(dot)com