Re: The PostgreSQL Advocacy and Marketinggroup needs

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Subject: Re: The PostgreSQL Advocacy and Marketinggroup needs
Date: 2002-11-25 20:49:02
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Josh Berkus wrote:

<snip>
> > - Who will now do backend Advocacy site changes? A couple of you
> > already have accounts on the server.
>
> I have an account on techdocs, but I don't know how to utilize it to
> make changes to the site.

No stress, can show you how to do this pretty easily.

<snip>
> So, question: Do you want your name off of the 7.3 press release?

Not sure.

Do we have any guesstimates on how many people would be likely to call
or email?

> Otherwise, I see the following areas of Advocacy admin:
>
> 1) The Advocacy Web Site
> 2) List and community admin (i.e. arbitrator)
> 3) General press relations
> 4) Press releases
>
> I think Robert and I can drive 3&4 easily, especially with your and
> Marc's occasional help (speaking of which, I'll need the list of
> translators for Advocacy).
>
> I also think that volunteers/elections/assignments can wait until after
> the 7.3 press release.

Agreed. This stuff is important, but I can continue dropping things for
a few more days if needed. ;-)

Number 1, probably won't be all that hard either, just a bit of initial
grunt-work for a PHP skilled person. Already have a solid idea how to
make the site a lot more updatable and easy to manage for everyone.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> -Josh Berkus