Re: GUI Tools List

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: GUI Tools List
Date: 2002-11-14 12:13:45
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Richard Huxton wrote:
<snip>
> Could we not put a <LocationMatch "/editform"> into the httpd.conf and use
> standard Apache auth to lock off the edit pages? Single user and password
> should do for the moment.

Sure.

Depends on what we really want to do here. At the moment (with not
playing around with authorisation stuff) we have a couple of options:

- Lock editing ability to only selected userid/passwords. It's really
easy to setup. Can create userid/passwords for any members of the
Advocacy team that want them and then mark individual documents or
folders as being "Authorised Members only" for editing. An make default
policies too, but would rather let anyone create new documents as easily
as possible.

- Have the "Add a comment" ability either Authorised users only, or
open to everyone, or off completely.

Was really wanting to allow anyone who has registered with the Techdocs
site to have the ability to edit stuff, but for now if the best solution
is different, then ok.

Does this make sense?

:-)

Regards and best wishses,