Wiki auth options - was Re: GUI Tools List

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Wiki auth options - was Re: GUI Tools List
Date: 2002-11-14 12:52:23
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Thursday 14 Nov 2002 12:13 pm, Justin Clift wrote:
> Depends on what we really want to do here. At the moment (with not
> playing around with authorisation stuff) we have a couple of options:
>
> - Lock editing ability to only selected userid/passwords. It's really
> easy to setup. Can create userid/passwords for any members of the
> Advocacy team that want them and then mark individual documents or
> folders as being "Authorised Members only" for editing. An make default
> policies too, but would rather let anyone create new documents as easily
> as possible.

I think quick and dirty as a temporary solution. Half a dozen real logins and
a "spare" user along with some additions to the help. Anyone in the wider
community who has a burning need to add something can do so using the "spare"
login. Sort it out properly once 7.3 is out and things settle down.

> - Have the "Add a comment" ability either Authorised users only, or
> open to everyone, or off completely.

Leave it public, I suppose. Doesn't seem to cause any problems with idocs.

> Was really wanting to allow anyone who has registered with the Techdocs
> site to have the ability to edit stuff, but for now if the best solution
> is different, then ok.
>
> Does this make sense?

Just get something workable up and running for the moment IMHO.

--
Richard Huxton