Re: Weird processes

From: dima <_pppp(at)mail(dot)ru>
To: Chris Miles <chris_pg002(at)psychofx(dot)com>
Cc: Gary DeSorbo <isasitis(at)uchicago(dot)edu>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Weird processes
Date: 2002-11-14 08:12:30
Lists: pgsql-admin

Chris Miles wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 10:47:20AM +0300, dima wrote:
>
>>2) think about writing a server which would provide cgi scripts with
>>cached connections; you can $handle->prepare(...) the most common
>>queries as well.
>
> This seems like a common requirement. Are there any such tools which
> can be run in a web server (or similar) environment to keep a pool
> of postgresql connections, and perhaps cache common queries also?

I worked (& work now) for several web software development companies
each having its own software (for corporate use only). i started a
project in c++ to resolve db pooling task in common, but it is in the
early alpha stage for now due to lack of spare time (i haven't installed
a unix os on my new laptop as well since i'm waiting for freebsd 5.0 to
be released). it will be available free (artistic license i guess) till
the new year probably. for now, i can recommend using shared memory to
save db handles & compiled queries in perl or c++.