Re: Beta 4

From: Michael Furgal <mikef(at)peerdirect(dot)com>
To: Steve Howe <howe(at)carcass(dot)dhs(dot)org>
Cc: postgres-beta(at)peerdirect(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Beta 4
Date: 2002-11-08 13:30:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Steve:

We know that the readline support is missing from the psql client.
It was missing with the cygwin port as well. We made little to no
effort to work on the client, our focus was on the server.

We have no plans to add the readline support to the client and
hope that the hacker community will add this functionality once
the code is committed.

.....MikeF
Mike Furgal
mailto:mikef(at)peerdirect(dot)com http://www.peerdirect.com

Steve Howe wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> First of all, congratulations for your great work.
> I've tried the (current?) beta 4 version of the port; version string
> is "PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on i686-pc-winnt-msdev, compiled by msdev 6.0".
>
> An issue I have noted this version is the absence of the readline
> support in psql. Are there plans to be add that in future releases ?
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Steve Howe mailto:howe(at)carcass(dot)dhs(dot)org

  • Re: Beta 4 at 2002-11-09 16:32:45 from Peter Eisentraut