Re: Populating a database

From: papapep <papapep(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Populating a database
Date: 2002-11-04 15:05:02
Lists: pgsql-novice

First of all thanks for your ultrafast answer ;-D
Now, having a look at the copy order, it seems I've got some problems
with file permissions although I'm the root and have put all the files
and directories to 0777 (yes, I know I have to log in postgresql with
another user than root, I've done it already). Where is suposed to be
the file I'm going to insert in the databases's table? If I tell to the
copy command something like :

\copy tablename from '\path\to\file.csv' using delimiters ','

Should it work?
Then, if yes, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, because I've set this
file to 0777 and also changed the owner to postgres.

Thanks in advance.

Josep Sànchez
[papapep]