Turning off information messages

From: Mike Howard <aixguru(at)btopenworld(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Turning off information messages
Date: 2002-11-04 11:12:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All,

I'm using Perl/CGI to interact with a simple database. When creating
tables I recieve 'notcies' to STDOUT, about implicit indexs, one notice
for each table created ( see below)

NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
'lock_dets_pkey' for table 'lock_dets'

How do I turn these off or alternatively redirect them? I've read the
documentation and tried various command line options but nothing seems
to prevent these messages being printed.

Any help appreciated.

Mike.