Re: handling 20,000 connection?

From: "Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
To: Postgresql General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: handling 20,000 connection?
Date: 2002-10-31 15:13:12
Lists: pgsql-general

On 31 Oct 2002 at 10:04, Ericson Smith wrote:

> I guess the main issue is if you're going to be having 20,000
> simultaneous connections (unlikely).

I would suggest rather than cerating all those users as database users, write a
small user module in your application and interact with database as a single
application user. That way database load will be limited to actual concurrent
user load.

I know of lot of applications which do that. And oracle came up with virtual
user strategy to shoot this scenario.

HTH

Bye
Shridhar

--
taxidermist, n.: A man who mounts animals.