Re: autocommit vs TRUNCATE et al

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: autocommit vs TRUNCATE et al
Date: 2002-10-22 06:02:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> In the meantime, to tell you the truth, the cleanest way to handle the
> dblink regression test would be to make it circularly connect to
> database "regression". I know this seems cheesy, but as long as the
> software under test doesn't know that it's a connection-to-self, seems
> like the test is perfectly good. And it's surely easier to manage that
> way.

OK, easy enough. Patch attached.

I also added "SET autocommit TO ''on'';" to the beginning of each dblink_exec
input statement because the "SET autocommit TO 'on';" at the top of the script
won't help for the connected database.

Joe

Attachment Content-Type Size
dblink-regress-fix2.1.patch text/plain 9.9 KB