Trouble dumping "backing up" in 7.1.3

From: Michael Sheldon <michael(dot)sheldon(at)verizon(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Trouble dumping "backing up" in 7.1.3
Date: 2002-10-15 13:11:29
Lists: pgsql-admin

As you can probably figure out by now I want to back up my databases so
that I can upgrade to the latest version of PGSQL for a number of reasons.

I am having trouble though. See example below.

bash$ pg_dumpall > backup.data
getAggregates(): SELECT failed. Explanation from backend: 'ERROR:
Attribute 'aggtransfn1' not found
'.
pg_dump failed on postgres, exiting
bash$

Any help would be greatly appresheated. I am using PG_DUMP