Re: Newbie: connecting from windows to Linux: how-to?

From: Jean-Christian Imbeault <jc(at)mega-bucks(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Laszlo Hornyak <hornyakl(at)rootshell(dot)be>, pgsql-jdbc <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Newbie: connecting from windows to Linux: how-to?
Date: 2002-10-09 10:46:23
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Laszlo Hornyak wrote:

> Simply java doesn`t find the driver classes.
> What does the following say?

Oops ... I posted the wrong ouput ... the driver class is being found (I
think, since it is being registered). Maye I need InstanceOf()? Here is
the error message I get:

D:\java>java -cp .;pgjdbc2.jar Example1
Checking if Driver is registered with DriverManager.
Registered the driver ok, so let's make a connection.
Couldn't connect: print out a stack trace and exit.
Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port is correct, and
that the postmaster is running with the -i flag, which enables TCP/IP
networking.
at org.postgresql.Connection.openConnection(Connection.java:141)
at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:149)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)
at Example1.main(Example1.java:26)

> set %CLASSPATH

CLASSPATH=.;d\j2sdk1.4.1

Jc