Lotus Domino Server/Enterprise Connection Services

From: Mike Mascari <mascarm(at)mascari(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Lotus Domino Server/Enterprise Connection Services
Date: 2002-10-07 01:37:04
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi all.

Has anyone successfully configured Lotus Domino Server R6 beta
to correctly connect to PostgreSQL via ODBC and the Enterprise
Connection Services interface? I'm asking for my brother, who
has not had a problem talking to a PostgreSQL database using the
Lotus Notes client, but cannot get the driver to work correctly
with the R6 beta server using Connection Services. The Notes.Net
site didn't reveal anyone who has had success using the ODBC
driver with Domino Enterprise Connection Services. Specifically,
the data comes back as garbage. I can see the queries in the the
PostgreSQL server log made by the driver and all looks well.
However, the R6 server returns garbage instead of legitimate
data. I suspect the server may be anticipating UCS-2 data,
although I didn't have enough time to play around with his
configuration. I tried the following combinations:

IE->Lotus DECS R6beta on Windows 2000->
ODBC 07.02.0003->PostgreSQL 7.1

IE->Lotus DECS R6beta on Windows 2000->
ODBC 07.02.0003(Beta)->PostgreSQL 7.3betaR2

IE->Lotus DECS R6beta on Windows 2000->
ODBC 07.02.0003(Unicode Beta)->PostgreSQL 7.3betaR2

I didn't have time to build a SQL trace file. Hopefully my
brother can send it to me. However, I was hoping someone has
already jumped through the appropriate hoops and could post a
recipe for succession.

I'm sorry for the sparseness of the details and hope to have
more soon...

Mike Mascari
mascarm(at)mascari(dot)com