Re: Binary Cursors (& Geometric Type Support)

From: Jeff Hoffmann <jeff(at)propertykey(dot)com>
To: Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Binary Cursors (& Geometric Type Support)
Date: 2002-09-22 22:22:05
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Barry Lind wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> Since the curror is returning binary data, the only method that works re
> retrieve the data is getBytes(). Get Object will not work with binary
> cursors.

Gotcha. I was hoping getObject would automagically do the type
conversion. If only the bytes would be in the right order do use the
DataInput classes, my life would have been a little easier, but it
apparently works, so I guess I'll just take this as a learning
experience. I guess my other question should have been "Is this the
best way to use cursors with this driver?" I was pretty much directly
translating from a C program, but is there a better way to do it, both
for binary and regular cursors?

----
Jeff Hoffmann
PropertyKey.com