Re: Index plan returns different results to sequential scan

From: John Burns <john(at)impactdatametrics(dot)com>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Index plan returns different results to sequential scan
Date: 2024-03-22 05:42:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I’m sorry, but I can’t really say when it broke — we suspect when we went from version 14 to 16 — we use this functionality a lot, and we would have noticed long ago if it was wrong.

As additional information, I created a new operator that used another function — wrapping the function postcode_cmp_partial(...) = 0 — and it exhibited the same behaviour.
Not surprised since the postcode_eq_partial is a trivially simple function.

— John Burns