Info about install postgresql on rx5670

From: Luis Rodríguez <lmrc(at)ahaw(dot)net>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Info about install postgresql on rx5670
Date: 2002-09-10 07:53:18
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hi
we have an intranet application running on linux red hat 7.1 width
postgresql v7.2 on amd athlon 1.7GHz
this app saturated the server and we analized the possible acquire of
rx5670 HP Server
the server specs:
2 Itanium II processor 900MHz (64bits)
1GB RAM

this server is very expensive and we need to know if postgresql is
capable to running in a Linux RedHat Advanced Server (the OS from redhat
tested in a HP rx5670 with itanium II proccesors)

i checked the documentation from red hat and only mentioned support and
clustering mangement to:
Oracle
MS SQL
MySQL

you can tell us if PostgreSQL running on a Linux Red Hat Advanced Server
on Itanium II processors?
or you can tell us where can i find validity information about this issue?

thanks for your help and your time

Ing. Luis Rodríguez
Internet Sales Systems