Re: findoidjoins

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)atentus(dot)com>, Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>, Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: findoidjoins
Date: 2002-09-04 06:06:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)atentus(dot)com> writes:
>>Christopher Kings-Lynne dijo:
>>>findoidjoins doens't seem to compile:
>>Seems related to the ripping of libpgeasy out of the main
>>distribution...
>
> I believe it's been broken for some time (disremember just why, maybe a
> schema issue?). I had a TODO item to resurrect it so that we could
> update the oidjoins regression test, which is sadly out of date for
> the current system catalogs. If anyone wants to work on that ...

I'm not sure I interpreted the intent of findoidjoins just right, but
here it is updated for schemas, new reg* types, using SPI instead of
libpgeasy, and returning the results as a table function. Any
corrections/comments? If there is any interest, I'll polish this up a
bit more and submit to patches. Just let me know.

(Should qualify as a fix, right?)

Thanks,

Joe

Attachment Content-Type Size
findoidjoins-fix.1.patch.gz application/x-gzip 7.2 KB