Internationalisation support.

From: Fabiàn R(dot)Breschi <fabian(dot)breschi(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Internationalisation support.
Date: 2002-08-31 13:47:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello all,

Sorry for this post. I have grabbed Bruce Momjian's book / PG docs and
the INSTALL.txt file but not found any detailed reference for it.

I'm on PG 7.2.1 on Solaris 2.6, accessed via DBI , ODBC and mod_perl
1.27.

I guess I need to build a db supporting Multicode so, as per what I have
gathered, PG must be recompiled using the enable switch on the variable.
Where can I find detailed info about handling this particular escenary ?

I'd build the software to use european-like characters (accented's, etc)
and specially numeric formats with ',' separator for decimals (999,99)
imported via COPY or PGADMIN-II. I'm I right to rebuild the distribution
or is just necessary to add some env_vars to the PG_init ?

I'm used to Oracle where, one can define the national character set of
the DB before creating it, same as the environmental variables both on
the server and client sides, that's the reason why I'm asking as per
above.

Thank you very much for any suggestions,

Fabian.