Re: JDK development kit

From: Jim Caley <caley(at)chesco(dot)com>
Cc: Warren Massengill <warrenmassengill(at)hotmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: JDK development kit
Date: 2002-08-27 12:45:30
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Warren,

By way of clarification:

JDK and J2SE aren't drivers, they're "development kits" (JDK = Java Development
Kit; J2SE SDK = Jave 2 Platform, Standard Edition Software Development Kit). If
I have my history straight, JDK was the terminology for the kit pre-1.2 and then
it changed to SDK.

JDBC is the driver, and it sounds like you're squared away with that now. :)

Regards,
Jim