Re: database not done for :)

From: Mark Nelson <mcn(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: database not done for :)
Date: 2002-08-16 19:13:04
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thanks to all of you who responded so quickly. I can confirm collectively that
postmaster is
working again and my db is no worse for the wear (as far as I can tell). Those
of you who
mentioned that I needed to run postmaster in the background were correct. I'm
not sure
what the deal was with the mysterious process. I was a bit startled when I
deleted it and it
spit that string of alerts at me, but everything is back up and I am quite
relieved.

/mark