Re: Postgresql takes more time to update

From: "Suresh Gupta VG" <suresh(dot)g(at)zensar(dot)com>
To: "Peter Koczan" <pjkoczan(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgresql takes more time to update
Date: 2007-10-18 13:33:55
Lists: pgsql-admin

with thanks and regards,

G.V. Suresh Gupta

Sr. Software Engineer

Batelco Phase II

Mo: +91 9890898688

Ph : +9120 66453213

________________________________

From: Suresh Gupta VG
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2007 7:01 PM
To: 'Peter Koczan'
Cc: scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com; pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: [ADMIN] Postgresql takes more time to update

Hi Peter,

1) We are using "psql 7.4.2" version of Postgresql, need to create
a new schema similar to the current schema with all the objects as in
the current schema. Do we have any command to support this operation.

2) We need to shift all the data between 2 different databases in
2 different servers. What is the best way to go either backup or copy
command?

Can you please give some knowledge on this.

with thanks and regards,

G.V. Suresh Gupta

Sr. Software Engineer

Batelco Phase II