VIRUS WARNING and apology: Re: Fw: charming Love to share

From: Gunther Schadow <gunther(at)aurora(dot)regenstrief(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: VIRUS WARNING and apology: Re: Fw: charming Love to share
Date: 2002-08-01 17:58:54
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

An agent asserting the name "gunther" alledgedly wrote:

> Attached one Gift for u..

Folks, with embarrassment I noticed this morning a bunch of
bounce messages. Apparently I should have sent some worm to this
list. I do not fully understand what happened, but this mail was
probably not initiated on any of my machines, but may have been
relayed through my server (even though the server is supposed to
block such relays.) I have added the sending relay/originator
to my blacklist, so this same thing should not be able to send
again. However, I am concerned that this type of imposturous
spam is going to take off these days. We are working on our side
to get a handle on this problem as far as our mail servers go.

regards
-Gunther
--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D. gschadow(at)regenstrief(dot)org
Medical Information Scientist Regenstrief Institute for Health Care