Re: Trimming the Fat, Part Deux ...

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Trimming the Fat, Part Deux ...
Date: 2002-08-01 05:53:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> *Eventually*, a simple checkout of 'pgsql' should result in a "server
> only" distribution that we can pull bits and pieces into transparently ...

I'm still not quite sure where this is headed or why, but if nothing
else pgsql could and should be the whole thing, and pgsql-server could
be the server subset. Server-only makes sense for only some users, and
nothing apparently makes sense for everyone. But we may as well have the
old names do the old things...

- Thomas