viewing/altering the "ON DELETE CASCADE" constraint

From: Jon Lapham <lapham(at)extracta(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: viewing/altering the "ON DELETE CASCADE" constraint
Date: 2002-07-22 15:39:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello All-

I'm sure this is a FAQ, but I cannot find anything in the docs that
directly addresses this.

How can I determine if a column 1) has a foreign key constraint, and 2)
if that fkey constraint includes "ON DELETE CASCADE"? I've tried the
various "\d"-type commands in psql to no avail.

Finally, assuming you have a column that *has* a fkey constraint, but
not the additional "ON DELETE CASCADE" portion, how would you go about
adding "ON DELETE CASCADE" to the column?

TIA,
-Jon

PS: PostgreSQL v7.2.1

PSS: I'm happy to receive a RTFM, if you would be so kind as to also
point to where in the FM these things might be...