Re: SetQuerySnapshot, once again

From: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: SetQuerySnapshot, once again
Date: 2002-06-17 23:59:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

> Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp> writes:
> > I have a question. Could the functions which contain no
> > queries other than SELECT be stable(returns the definite
> > result for a query) with it ?
>
> Sorry, I don't understand ...

Let t be a table which is defined as
create table t (id serial primary key, dt text);
Then is the following function *stable* ?
create function f1(int4) returns text as
'
declare
txt text;
begin
select dt into txt from t where id = $1;
return txt;
end
' language plpgsql;

If SetQuerySnapshot is called for the above *select*,
the result isn't determined by the snapshot of the
function.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue
http://w2422.nsk.ne.jp/~inoue/