New Patch file for MS SQL autonumbers

From: John McCawley <jmccawley(at)worleyco(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: New Patch file for MS SQL autonumbers
Date: 2002-06-17 15:58:18
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Previously, my code used the contents of cnLocal.ConnectionString to
determine whether we were migrating from a MS SQL database. This is how
the access code was doing it, so I was mimicing that behavior. However,
for whatever reason the case of the MSSQL string changed between CVS
versions (That code hasn't changed, I have no idea what happened). I
started to change the comparison to case insensitive, but instead
changed the line to use the value of the option box to determine whether
we're migrating from a MSSQL server. I believe that the Access code
should also be modified in a similar manner. If the Access connect
string is changed, more than likely whoever makes the change will not
remember to also change the "if" that depends on that connect string.

John

Attachment Content-Type Size
frmWizard_jmccawley_6_17_2002.patch text/plain 3.8 KB