PL/Perl untrusted ...

From: Hans-Jürgen Schönig <postgres(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PL/Perl untrusted ...
Date: 2002-06-16 15:32:05
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I have a brief question concerning PL/Perl.
Does anybody plan an untrusted verion of that?
If we had one we could build an interface to a DBI Proxy.
Just like Joe Conway's dblink this would be a damn good feature because
this way we could join any datasource with PostgreSQL without
implementing a simple direct database interface - everything could be
done by the DBI stuff ...

Any suggestions? Any comments? I'd be pleased to hear further suggestions.
Here is some information about the DBI Proxy stuff:

http://www.mathematik.uni-ulm.de/help/perl5/doc/DBD/Proxy.html

Hans

--
Cybertec Geschwinde &. Schoenig