ATTN: Tom Lane

From: David Ford <david+cert(at)blue-labs(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ATTN: Tom Lane
Date: 2002-06-14 00:10:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

... while talking to sss.pgh.pa.us.:

<<< 550 5.7.1 Probable spam from 68.9.71.221 refused - see http://www.five-ten-sg.com/blackhole.php?68.9.71.221
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

Tom, if you block everyone on cable, dialup, dsl, and adsl, then you're probably blocking a lot of legitimate mail.

I don't feel like paying some Big Company just so I can relay mail through them when I can do my company's own mail on my own networks. Big Company will get blacklisted soon enough for [inadvertently] allowing a spammer to send mail through them.

Please don't punish the victim until they're proven guilty.

David
p.s. There isn't any contact address on the above URL for the requested updates.