Re: strange update problem with 7.2.1

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)stack(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Ivan Panchenko <ivan(at)xray(dot)sai(dot)msu(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: strange update problem with 7.2.1
Date: 2002-05-26 11:17:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Yeah, but the update case is inserting more entries into the index.
> I'm wondering if that causes the index scan's state to get corrupted
> so that it misses scanning some entries. btree has a carefully designed
> algorithm to cope with this, but I have no idea how gist manages it.

Thank you, Tom. You give me a direction for looking. Attached patch fix
the problem with broken state. Please apply it for 7.2.2 and current cvs
(sorry,
but I'll have a possibility to check it on current cvs only tomorrow).

--
Teodor Sigaev
teodor(at)stack(dot)net

Attachment Content-Type Size
patch_gistupdate.gz application/x-gzip 561 bytes