sample SRF: SHOW ALL equiv C function returning setof composite

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: sample SRF: SHOW ALL equiv C function returning setof composite
Date: 2002-05-26 06:24:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The attached patch is my first pass at a sample C function returning
setof composite. It is a clone of SHOW ALL as an SRF. For the moment,
the function is implemented as contrib/showguc, although a few minor
changes to guc.c and guc.h were required to support it.

I wanted to post it to HACKERS because several people asked for such an
example. I also wanted to see if there was any interest in having this
folded into the backend, either in addition to, or in place of, the
current SHOW ALL functionality.

Comments?

Thanks,

Joe

Attachment Content-Type Size
showguc.2002.05.25.2.patch text/plain 18.0 KB