Re: A more precise polygon_overlap()

From: Paul Ramsey <pramsey(at)refractions(dot)net>
To: Dann Corbit <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Kenneth Chan <kkchan(at)technologist(dot)com>
Subject: Re: A more precise polygon_overlap()
Date: 2002-05-23 00:09:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

See http://www.vividsolutions.com/jts/jtshome.htm for a robust set of
algorithms in Java which do all the spatial predicates (the 3x3
Egenhofer matrix). Also union, difference, and buffer. It is licenced
LGPL. Also see PostGIS (http://postgis.refractions.net) (licenced GPL)
for a set of PostgreSQL GIS objects. We are currently working on porting
JTS algorithms to C++ for use in PostGIS.

P.

Dann Corbit wrote:

> This might be a possible fit:
> http://www.magic-software.com/Applications.html
> (see "Boolean operations on 2D polygons. Based on BSP trees" near the
> bottom of the page).
>
> The license agreement might be acceptable. I'm not a lawyer, so I can't
> be sure how free it really is to use from reading this:
> http://www.magic-software.com/License/free.pdf
>
> It would probably be good to contact the author.
> http://www.magic-software.com/CompanyInfo.html

__
/
| Paul Ramsey