Re: troubleshooting pointers

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: troubleshooting pointers
Date: 2002-05-11 04:04:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:
> Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com> writes:
>>... I have not started RescanExprContext() yet, but will do it
>>when I address rescans in general.
>
>>I still have a couple of issues related to VIEWs that I need to figure
>>out, then I'll start the rescan work.
>
> It's not unlikely that those issues are exactly due to not having rescan
> handled properly. What misbehavior are you seeing?

Hmm, that might just be it.

When I select from a view based on a function which returns a base type,
I only get the first row. When I select from a view which is based on a
function returning a composite type, it triggers an assertion. I've
traced the latter down to a slot pointer which is reset to NULL
somewhere. Haven't had the time to get much further. In both cases,
selecting from the function directly works great.

Thanks,

Joe