Too many clients

From: Leandro Fanzone <leandro(at)hasar(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Too many clients
Date: 2002-05-08 16:21:09
Lists: pgsql-novice

I'm using PostgreSQL 7.1.2 through the C++ interface. When my programs
connect, from time to time they abort with the following message:
"Sorry, too many clients already". What may cause such behaviour? What
am I doing wrong? It's true that I have many clients connected at the
same time (20 or so), but I don't think that's "too many", and if I
restart them, they connect in the next try, with the same envirnonment,
process count, database client number, etc.

Leandro Fanzone
Compañía HASAR