Re: a couple of minor itches: RI Trigger Names, and

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Ryan Bradetich <rbradetich(at)uswest(dot)net>
Cc: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: a couple of minor itches: RI Trigger Names, and
Date: 2002-05-08 03:55:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I would rather not re-invent work that someone else has already and has
> committed to the tree. Joe did a nice job, so I'd rather apply his work
> to my older tree if I could. Looks like it will be too much trouble, so
> I'll manually update the system catalogs for now, and patiently wait for
> 7.3 :)

Thanks!

I took a quick look at back-patching the REL7_2_STABLE branch, but quite
a bit has changed since then -- sorry :(

If you do undertake this yourself, please note that Tom Lane cleaned up
a few things after my patch was committed -- so you'll want his final
version of the renametrig() function, which is now in
~/src/backend/commands/trigger.c.

In the meantime, manually updating the system catalogs to rename a
trigger should work fine, as long as you restart your backends -- see
Tom's email (if you haven't already) for more detail:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2002-04/msg01091.php

Joe