Re: Question about ODBC 3.0

From: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Han <zh_ok(at)163(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Question about ODBC 3.0
Date: 2002-04-30 23:57:18
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> Hi pqsql-odbc,
> I'm newly to psqlODBC and I have some basic questions:
> 1.To what extent does psqlODBC support ODBC 3.0 standard?
> 2.What are the features of ODBC 3.0 that psqlODBC don't support?
> 3.Does it fully support the ODBC 2.0 standard?

The ODBC 3.0 driver is in beta and hasn't been tested
widely yet. It is still poor in handling of Descriptors
e.g. SQLSet/GetDescRec, SQLCopyDesc aren't implemented yet,
SQLSet/GetDescField couldn't handle pretty many options.
SQLGetDiagField isn't supported either.
Other than 3.0, SQLColumnPrivileges, SQLProcedureColumns
and SQLDescribeParam aren't supported.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue
http://w2422.nsk.ne.jp/~inoue/