Re: BLOB performance test FYI

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Peter V Cooper <pvcooper(at)adelphia(dot)net>
Cc: Joe Shevland <jshevland(at)j-elite(dot)com>, Dave Cramer <Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net>, Anders Bengtsson <ndrsbngtssn(at)yahoo(dot)se>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BLOB performance test FYI
Date: 2002-04-18 16:40:49
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi Peter,

Peter V Cooper wrote:
<snip>
> PS, I have done development since 1979 at OS(UNIX) DB (Informally Helped Oracle
> in 1983) and Application levels. I have never added code/my help to an Open
> Source
> project. Where do I find info on this? I might be inclined to work on something
> like this if anyone would want me to. I have a lot of source which does much of
> what I have spoken of. Any suggestions or should I 'butt out' so to speak.

Your expertise and assistance is very much welcomed. :-)

First question is "what kind of stuff do you *like* doing?", as if
there's a match of what you enjoy doing with what needs to be done, then
that probably would be a good place to start looking.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi