Can anyone explain to me how the "ps_OuterTupleSlot" in PlanState is being used in implementing HashJoin?

From: Ran Tang <8rt4(at)queensu(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can anyone explain to me how the "ps_OuterTupleSlot" in PlanState is being used in implementing HashJoin?
Date: 2008-10-23 01:40:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello there,

Can anyone explain to me how the "ps_OuterTupleSlot" in JoinState is being used in implementing HashJoin?

I looked at the source code. When it find a tuple in outer relation. It store the outer tuple to field : node->js.ps.ps_OuterTupleSlot

But I can't find how this field is being used in the following processing.

Thanks,

Ran