Referential Integrity problem

From: Herb Blacker <herbblacker(at)isgenesis(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Referential Integrity problem
Date: 2002-03-22 17:29:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Running PG 7.1.3...
I have a table of titles and suffixes, with periods (i.e. Mr. Mrs. C.P.A.)
There is a foreign key between the title and suffix tables, and my
patient table.
When I do an insert, it fails on Referential Integrity (RI).
If I take the periods out, the insert works with RI.
If I remove the RI, then the periods work.

Is this a bug?
--
Herb Blacker