beginner question- -d option with init.d startup

From: Bob Hartung <rwhart(at)netexpress(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: beginner question- -d option with init.d startup
Date: 2002-03-20 03:24:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I am a rank newbie to PostGreSQL. I have 7.2 installed, postmaster
started, and have created a test database. I would like to have all
databases on a partition say /rwhdata2/data. Is there a way to use the
'/etc/init.d/postgresql start' routine and still pass it a -D option for
database location?

Tnx

Bob
--