Prepared statement and pgbouncer

From: Palaniappan Thiyagarajan <pthiyagarajan(at)cashedge(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Prepared statement and pgbouncer
Date: 2010-10-06 20:33:35
Lists: pgsql-admin

All,

We are experiencing prepared statement error in our application using pgbouncer/PostgreSQL 8.3

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: prepared statement "S_1"

already exists

at

org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1525)

at

org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1309)

at

We don't want to touch anything on application and we would like to overcome this issue by tuning pgbouncer or postgres.

Any pointer to this problem will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Palani