More time zones

From: Thomas Lockhart <thomas(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: More time zones
Date: 2002-02-25 16:24:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've added a fairly large number of time zones to the date/time parser.
They were originally mentioned in my zinc time zone database but without
sufficient information to actually enable them. Ruslan gave me a
reference to a web site with more time zone details so I was able to
fill in quite a few of them.

I've committed the changes to the development tree, and to the stable
tree also.

Details below. Comments and complaints welcome ;)

- Thomas

There are newly recognized time zones:

AMST AMT ANAST ANAT ART AZOST AZOT AZST AZT BNT BORT BOT BRA BTT
CHADT CHAST CKT CLST CLT COT CVT DAVT DDUT EEST EGST EGT
FJST FJT FKST FKT GALT GAMT GEST GET GFT GILT GYT
HKT ICT IRKST IRKT IRT JAVT JAYT KDT KGST KGT KOST KRAST KRAT
LHDT LHST LINT LKT MAGST MAGT MART MMT MPT MSD MSK MYT NCT
NOVST NOVT NUT OMSST OMST
PET PETST PETT PGT PHOT PHT PKT PMDT PONT PWT PYST PYT
THAT TJT TKT TMT TOT TRUK TVT ULAST ULAT UYST UYT UZST UZT
VET VLAST VLAT VUT WAKT WEST WFT WGST WGT WST
YAKST YAKT YAPT YEKST YEKT

There are a few with multiple definitions for which I chose one (the
alternates are in parens):

BST British (Brazil, Bering)
CCT China Coast (Cocos)
EAST Easter Island (Indian Antananarivo Savings Time)
EAT East Africa (Indian Antananarivo Time)

And a few others with multiple definitions for which I did not make a
choice and left all unrecognized:

AST Atlantic, Arabia, Acre
ECT
IDT Israeli, Iran, Indian Daylight Time