Re: odbc on unix

From: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: odbc on unix
Date: 2002-02-18 00:36:16
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Michael Meskes wrote:

> I just tried to figured out the status of our odbc driver for unix, but I'm
> quite confused. There sertainly is a makefile for unix in
> pgsql/src/interfaces/odbc but some recent changes I saw looked like windows
> odbc only.

The recent changes were made by me mostly and I
have no ODBC environment on *nix. So the changes
are mainly for Windows.

> And what worries me most is that the TODO file in this directory
> is dated 1998. So what's the state?

Probably I'm responsible for maintaining the TODO now.
OK I would update the TODO. Siginificant Items are
1) ODBC 3.0 support.
2) Unicode(UCS-2) support.
3) Updatable cursors support.

> I know that unixodbc works fine with postgresql. Do we still need our own driver
> on unix? Or is this just for the Windows branch?

If the *nix ODBC driver really has no problem we
don't need our own driver.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue