Re: date format problem

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
To: Annie Bai <annie_job(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: date format problem
Date: 2002-02-01 04:06:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> Could you please tell me how to set DateStyle? or where can I get the
> instruction about it?

In the reference page docs on your machine or at:

http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.1/reference/sql-set.html

I'm not sure I agree with every nuance of the recommendations for SET
DATESTYLE in that doc; in particular, the claim that DATESTYLE is really
intended only to help with porting applications is a bit misleading
imho. I'll check the wording for the upcoming release...

- Thomas